Moving is something which makes one crazy. You need to be concerned about packing all your stuff and then shifting to a new place. Hiring a moving company is the best way to ensure a smooth moving process. However, even when you have the best moving companies in Miami, it is important to have complete knowledge about the moving process as well as the packing supplies. Packing supplies are an important resource that you will need to ensure the safety of your belongings. There are several varieties and types of packing supplies and without basic knowledge, you might get lost with what to buy and what not. Given below are the details about the necessary supplies you need for packing things.
Standard Packing Boxes for Moving
You just can’t carry out a residential move till the time you don’t have plenty of clean and sturdy boxes of different sizes. The accurate number of cardboard boxes you require basically relies on how large your house is, how well you can make use of the space in the boxes and how far you are shifting. In most instances, 8-10 small boxes, 7-8 medium ones and 5 large ones will be sufficient to pack the things of one room.
- Small packing boxes should be kept for heavy things like books, utensils, etc. or fragile items that should be packed discretely, such as glassware, souvenirs, etc.;
- Medium-sized cardboard boxes are well enough for clothes, toys, small appliances and electronics, and other related items;
- Large moving boxes are there for the items such as bedding, curtains, and other bulky lightweight pieces.
When packing your belongings, you need to keep in mind that you properly tie the bottoms and the corners of the moving boxes with an abundance of packing tape and to offer sufficient padding inside. It is always a good way to line the bottom and the sides of every box with some layers of corrugated packing paper.
Other Packing Material
- Bubble wrap – bubble wrap is very important for protecting delicate items during shipment. Just wrap your sensitive electronics, chinaware and other breakables in a number of layers of bubble wrap and rest guaranteed that the air-filled material will give it a proper kind of protection. It will be aid from preventing it from breaking and scratching as it will absorb any unwanted shocks which could occur while moving. Besides, it can be also be made to use to cover protruding furniture parts – legs, handles, etc.
- Packing paper – Packing paper is important as it resists dirt and oil and offers excellent guard to glass surfaces, protruding parts and other delicate elements. Besides, you can also use it to make consistent cushioning layers between some items in one box or you can create it and wedge it in any unfilled spaces in the moving containers to stop shifting. Don’t think about making use of newspapers leaving this as that will result in ugly ink stains on the fragile surfaces of your cherished items;
- Moving blankets – Moving blankets are large and thick, so you can use them by wrapping them around on any furniture pieces or appliances to defend them from scratching and denting, as well as from dirt and dust. Furniture blankets offer additional cushioning and protection to your items in the moving truck.
- Other then this cello tape, scissors and glue is way more important
When you hire the best interstate moving companies, they offer you guidance and in most cases packing supplies to pack the belongings. But, this information is surely going to help you in identifying the right supplies and make your packing process efficient.